The desired goals from this meeting were:
- Engage with regional TPOS stakeholders,
- Review progress of Second Report and agree to final work schedule,
- Review Task Team progress,
- Discuss possible future governance arrangements, and
- Agree to schedule of work for next 12 months (Nov 2018-Oct 2019), including Ocean Obs ’19.
This Steering Committee had a number of notable outcomes as presented in the Report. Weidong Yu from China’s State Oceanic Administration was appointed co-chair, succeeding Neville Smith. Present members of the TPOS Resources Forum were able to engage with the Steering Committee, as well as have a side meeting. TPOS 2020 would like to encourage more of these gatherings in the future, especially as implementation of the new design is on the horizon.
Please download the Full Report from the meeting here: