TPOS April 2015 Monthly Status Report (MSR)
Appended to this report is an update of the Actions taken from the
TPOS 2020 SC-1 meeting at KIOST in Ansan, South Korea on 6-9 October, 2014. See pages 12- 17.
The Project entered into conversations with the First Institute of Oceanography (FIO) of China, with the possible goal of establishing in-kind support for a Distributed Project Office (DPO) node to be located at the International CLIVAR office in Qingdao, China. The office and membership may be launched in September, 2015.
This was a very active month for the project. On April 1, 2015 the SC met via WebEx for an Interim session to discuss project needs and plans for moving forward. Actions from this meeting are under review for comment and approval by the members. The first Back Bone Task Team (BB TT) telecom was held on the 29/04/2015 with some Co-Chairs of the other task teams attending. The Planetary Boundary Layer Task Team has identified members and letters of invitation are under consideration. The Biogeochemistry Task Team is taking advice from the community and finalizing membership.
- Launched negotiations with the First Institute of Oceanography (FIO) with the possible goal of establishing in-kind support for a Distributed Project Office (DPO) node to be located at the International CLIVAR office in Qingdao, China in late 2015.
- Conducted SC-1 Interim videoconference. Actions are being reviewed by the SC and tracked by the DPO.
- Weidong Yu provided a TPOS 2020 brief to the OOPC. (For details see internal SC notes.)
- Billy Kessler conferenced with NOAA Climate Working Group. (For details see internal SC notes.)
Backbone Task Team:
- Membership has been confirmed.
- Co-Chairs conducted the inaugural meeting via videoconference (For details see internal Backbone TT notes.)